martedì 18 marzo 2014

The wonderful (and exhausting) day of a dad



Eighteen months ... amazing how many things have changed in my life since she is there , how many things have become more real to me when he called for the first time Dad . My life is constantly punctuated by his voice thin and insistent that every moment repeats the word : Papy, Papy... That voice echoes through the house every second, he calls me all the time asking each time something different.

Although I was born eighteen months since I saw her for the first time, my heart began to beat in a different way , everything made ​​sense again, more real , more sincere. I got married after forty and now me and my wife we decided to have a child. Providence graced us and arrived almost immediately Aurora. Our parents , in spite of his advanced age , were shocked : my father the news looks at me weird as if I had arbitrarily abused her daughter , my mother-in-law for two weeks only expressed in gestures and my mother began by saying: "Do not I expected this from you, " and then began to question my manhood : " I always thought you had sperm slow and I would never have made ​​Grandma. "

Then my little girl has put all to rest by bringing the tranquility of magic that only children can transmit. Everything has changed my life and that of my wife as there is practically no more . We are now a Dad and Mom .

Life as a Dad I like but it's definitely challenging. As good parents we used our daughter to sleep in the "Latvian", a mistake that no one forgives us: yes, because when you are newly parents advice rained like snow in the mountains but in practice it is not easy to act as a nanny Lucia or all of those c Swiss... that you see on TV. However, after a crib that cost as a dining room, we find our little bundle between the two of us that is hard to get to sleep and continues to sbiascicare incomprehensible words as you can not close my eyes, suddenly falls asleep, the look a moment and you pass all the discontent, this looks like a little angel.

Then in the middle of the night a knee in the face and makes you jump what you thought a creature of God is transformed into a tiny Sumo wrestler who harass you with kicks and punches till you drop. You addromenti fatigue in the middle of the night and takes the word you never want to hear : Papyy, Papyy, milk. What does " Papi, milk." Then you realize that you have to get up and do the right baby bottle with milk and if it drains in about a minute with a voracity frightening. At five- thirty in the morning skate and she is already naughty while you, who has embarked on a career forced young watchman , you're a small piece .

The worst are those who repeat the toys to the animals. She listens to them hundreds of times but after the cow and the ox, the donkey and the old farm , Mickey speaking , the doll dancing , and that is the direction of Peppa Pig , the first begins to have hallucinations and pray that in those puppets there are Duracell batteries but only poor Chinese . Well after getting up early in the morning, start the morning : the mother goes out to work early and I attack the afternoon and spend the whole morning with my little frugoletto . I am a parent lucky, I admit.

It begins with diaper changes and cleaning on the lower parts which is already a difficult task that puts a strain on your back , then begins to put on and even here it takes a lot of practice before you get to the perfection of an assembly line . Put that little body in those tiny clothes becomes almost impossible when your daughter wants to do somersaults and runs throughout the house. Finally, after almost twenty minutes, you've dressed and you can claim victory but that suddenly turns red devil opens his eyes and looks at you like the Incredible Hulk , then stares at you with a smile and says, " Grandpa poop " and realize that the ' firm made ​​so far has been just a waste of time.

The rispogli , open the diaper and discover an open sewer and you wonder, "but a girl of eleven pounds will ever make ten pounds of shit ? ". The answer is definitely yes! This leads to fatigue in the bathroom after cleaning with wet wipes and scented in contact with dirt take a stench that would Ko also a clerk to the sewer system . After washing dressing that begins the second as the first is a laborious exercise .

She wants to see the music on TV and I take this opportunity to make a quick breakfast. Then he wants a biscuit, eat it right then the middle part of the atra hiding places are always different. We also found one in the CD player. When the weather is nice the harbor to the park where they often cross people like me who take their children outdoors. You realize that dads are novel face similar to that of the vampires of Twilight. And when you cross your eyes make a gesture of understanding how to love you then say that the first humans were not a creature on earth has made havoc of them , turning them into real stoned .

You hear them talk only with pet names : baby food , the play , the soup everything they say is less than one meter in height , are lobotomized by Peppa Pig and friends and bring with them the marks of months spent in the name of diapers, baby food and dresses . Then there are the children of wealthy families , you see them at the park with designer clothes with their Filipino nannies exacerbate. I saw one the other day that he was following a very bad boy and said, "Anselmo is good otherwise no longer harbor park and tell you mother that is bad." And the child continued to run away without blinking saying bad words .

Yes, the life of the young father opens your eyes to so many things . Abandoned blissful existence from big baby you dive into the sea of responsibilities and the ocean of uncertain future. Being a father is a crazy experience, a trip without return that makes you see life in more ways lysergic acid. When you get home in the evening and that mite of cheese laughs or gives you a kiss, do not you think more to the political crisis at the crap that surrounds you because your heart is only for you .

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento